Bachelor of Creative Arts - Visual arts
Endemic Parrots of Australia
by Greta Bernard
www.instagram.com/sallys_aussie_parrot_art/
Sally Bunt is an Australian Artist that uses Australian parrots to create work around Australian flora and fauna.
board-paintings_tini
About this work

Sally grew up with many different Australian Parrots as sally’s parents used to have a large aviary with sally’s parents often going on drives to around south Lockwood where sally’s dad would hop onto the top of their parents van and sally’s dad would climb up gum trees looking for log hollows and he would take nestlings out of log hollows of various parrots including Eastern rosella’s and other parrots but one night a large storm in Bendigo blew over the aviary and only 3 parrots were saved these parrots include the pair of Eastern rosella’s and 1 budgerigar .

These parrots were the main parrot’s of love in sally’s life and thus her passion . These parrots were the main parrot’s of love in sally’s life and thus her passion .Thinking back to all of this growing up I now know this is totally wrong of my family to do this and also illegal too but I would not have this love of Australian Parrot’s. This is my passion and my love and this is what drives’ My art of Australian parrot’s. Sally creates work that are painted in Acrylic Abstract scrapes boards that represent each specific parrot as it goes about its busy life. With 56 species of Australian parrots, I have created many works of parrots with Each painting giving an insight of a frenzy behaviour of each individual parrot.

Medium
Acrylic paint on canvas
Year

2022

budgerigar-painting_tini
rosey-2-pic_tini